Thursday, August 5, 2010

New City...New Blog

I recently moved from Connecticut down to Gainesville, Fla. To say it's been culture shock doesn't even begin to describe it.

Recently, my uncle and cousin came over for dinner and I was telling them how much I don't like it in Gainesville and my cousin Josh suggested I start a blog and spend a year coming up with one thing I hate about this place each day for 365 days.

Sounds sort of depressing, no? Well, maybe, but as a writer I'm much better at expressing myself in the written word than the spoken word. So, I view this blog more like therapy than anything else. It's a way to get all the bad feelings off my chest.

So, we'll see how it goes. Who knows, maybe I'll get to day 57 and have nothing left to say? So maybe this blog will show me I don't hate Gainesville as much as I think I do - or maybe not. Time will tell...

Ok - day one starts tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment